Klau Center Writing Prizes
Klau Center 2019 Notre Dame Writing Prizes
The Klau Center for Civil and Human Rights is pleased to announce its annual prizes for undergraduate and graduate student writing at Notre Dame.
Submissions are now being accepted for papers exploring civil and/or human rights themes. Qualifying submissions may be research papers, theses, articles, or original essays prepared during the 2018-19 academic year. Minimum length of submissions is 10,000 words.
One winning submission will be selected at each the undergraduate and graduate level. Winning submissions will be published on the Klau Center website and authors will receive a $250 prize. Papers submitted for other prizes are eligible, but we ask that the Klau Center be informed of these submissions and any awards received.
Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com. Please indicate in your subject line “Undergraduate Writing Prize” or “ Graduate Writing Prize.”
- Submissions must be received by Noon on Friday, April 12, 2019.
- The winning submissions will be announced early May, 2019.
- Topic: Civil or human rights themes
- 10,000 word minimum, double spaced
- Microsoft Word format
- Must have been prepared during the 2018-19 academic year