Graduates from Klau Center programs fulfill the University of Notre Dame's mission in a meaningful way. Our alumni seek to do good in the world by applying their knowledge, expertise, and passion to fighting injustice across the globe. By working with communities on the ground and advancing imaginative, ethical solutions in the academy and civil society, alumni contribute to a world where human dignity is valued and human potential is fully realized.
Alumni come from all levels and academic backgrounds, from accomplished human rights lawyers completing advanced degrees in international human rights law, to undergraduate majors studying global affairs with a civil and human rights emphasis. What they all share is the desire to improve the lives of all by raising up the most vulnerable. Below is a map showing the home countries of our alumni, and a searchable database of graduates.
Our alumni network stretches around the world. Graduates promote respect for human rights and human dignity at senior levels in international tribunals, intergovernmental bodies, government, academia and preeminent non-governmental organizations. Alumni positions have included:
- Senior Prosecuting Trial Attorney, International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia
- Executive Secretary, Inter-American Court of Human Rights
- Justice, Constitutional Court of South Africa
- Assistant Dean, Addis Ababa University Law School, Ethiopia
- International Legal Adviser, Southeast Asia, International Commission of Jurists
- Team Leader, Chemonics International, Washington, D.C., USA
- Legal Officer, International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda
- Human Rights Officer, UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations
- Senior Litigation Counsel, Office of Immigration Litigation, U.S. Department of Justice, USA
- Professor of Law, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Head of Mission, Lawyers Without Borders Canada, Guatemala City
- Partner, King & Spalding, USA